Walker Fire Stations
- Station 1
4343 Remembrance Road, NW Walker, MI 49534
- Station 2
4101 Lake Michigan Drive, NW
Walker, MI 49534
- Station 3
1470 3 Mile Road, NW
Walker, MI 49544
The Walker Fire Department pledges to respond to all calls for service any time of day to mitigate hazards and protect the lives and property of our citizens and visitors.
Proactive in being the best community-focused all hazards department that meets the ever-changing needs of our community through professional development, unity and teamwork.
- How do I rent a community room?
You may rent the Community Room at Fire Station 2 via our online portal.
- Where can I purchase a green reflective address sign for my mailbox post?
These signs can be purchased from the Walker Firefighters' Association by calling the Walker Fire Department office at 616-791-6840. The signs measure 6 inches wide by 18 inches long with 3-inch reflective numbers on both sides for high visibility in the dark. The signs are $10 each.
- Where and when can I get my child's car seat installed / inspected?
Please visit the Helen DeVos Children's Hospital Injury Prevention website for more information.
- What are the rules for burning leaves and brush in the City of Walker?
The burning of leaves is prohibited in the City of Walker. Only small twigs and brush can be burned. A burning permit is required. See the rules and regulations (DOCX).
- Is there a charge for the Fire Department to put out a fire at my house?
No: your tax dollars provide you with 24-hour fire protection.
- If I build a new home, can I burn the scrap wood and other building materials?
No: commercial burning is prohibited. You must get a dumpster or haul your trash away.
- Can I burn my household trash?
No: the burning of household trash is prohibited.
- Does the Walker Fire Department fill swimming pools?
The Walker Fire Department does not fill swimming pools.