Subscribe to Planning Commission meeting notifications from the CivicWeb Meetings Portal! After checking the appropriate boxes for the meeting types you're interested in following, you will enter your email address and receive an email notification once an agenda is published to the public. You will be able to view the same documentation as the City's boards and commissions.
You can watch meetings in real-time by clicking on the date of the meeting to navigate to the agenda, then clicking on the "video" button.
You can also find meeting minutes on the CivicWeb Meetings portal.
This is what the CivicWeb Meetings Portal looks like:
The City of Walker's Planning Director has multiple functions in the Community Development Department:
- She serves as the administrator for and liaison to the Planning Commission. The activities of the Planning Commission are governed by the State of Michigan Law and City Ordinances.
- She assists the City Commission and Planning Commission as they review master plan updates, special studies, new ordinances, rezoning requests and land use activities within the City of Walker.
- She responds to requests for information from residents, developers, students and others interested in the City of Walker.
- She works on grant applications, GPS/GIS mapping projects and other special topics as assigned by the City Manager, City Commission, Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and the Downtown Development Authority.
- She works closely with the City Engineer, Department of Public Works, Community Development Department, Police Department, Fire Department, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) and Kent County agencies while preparing projects for City Commission and Planning Commission review.