Fitness Center Rules
To help us maintain a clean, safe environment for all our members, please follow our rules:
- Please treat other members and the staff with courtesy and respect. Negative remarks about members or staff are not permitted.
- Wipe off equipment before and after each use. Please spray the towel, then wipe the equipment. Do not spray cleaner directly on the equipment.
- Rack your weights when you are finished with them.
- Do not drop or slam weights (with the exception of the bumper plates on the rubber mats). Always use a spotter for heavy lifting.
- Please help keep our facility clean by disposing of your trash, bottles and gum in receptacles provided.
- Allow members to share equipment while you're resting between sets.
- Please report any equipment problems immediately to the staff.
- When using the track always walk/run in the direction indicated by the arrow.
- Walkers should use the inside lane; runners use the outside lane.
- Appropriate clothing is required for use of the fitness facility. Shirts and gym shoes are mandatory; street shoes, boots or sandals are not allowed in the workout areas. In addition, belt buckles, jeans and loose jewelry items should not be worn in the workout areas as they may damage the equipment and possibly cause you injury.
- Members must be out of the facility by closing time.
- Please report all incidents to the WIFC management and staff.
- Never leave any personal belongings unattended. All belongings should be placed in secured locker.
- WIFC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Possession of firearms, tasers, knives or any other weapon within the fitness facility is strictly prohibited.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, Personal Training can only be conducted in our gym by Walker Ice and Fitness Personal Training Staff. If this rule is not followed, all persons involved will have their membership revoked immediately.
- Personal Training is only available to gym members.
The following activities are prohibited at WIFC:
- Improper use of equipment or facilities.
- Smoking within the facility, including e-cigarettes and vaping.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages within the facility or on the facility grounds.
- Being in a state of intoxication.
- Use of profane or obscene language.
- Loud or boisterous conduct that creates a disturbance.
- Harassment or willful annoyance of other members or guests.
- Solicitation by members or guests is not permitted without prior written approval of WIFC management. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, an individual's attempt to sell a product or service to another individual or an individual's attempt to obtain information from another individual in regards to their interest in a certain type of product or service.
- Fighting, theft, intentional destruction of property or any similar conduct.
- Any unlawful conduct.
- Any other conduct that would impair or disrupt the safe and proper use of the WIFC by others.
The Walker Ice and Fitness Center is concerned about the safety of the members and the facility. Members who violate any of the facility rules or participate in prohibited activities may receive a verbal warning, but WIFC management reserves the right to file an incident report about the violation. Notwithstanding any other provision of these rules, WIFC management reserves the right to immediately terminate a membership based on the severity of the member's violation and its impact on WIFC members and guests (including, but not limited to, violations for fighting, theft, intentional destruction of property, or similar conduct, and any other unlawful conduct). WIFC management also reserves the right to suspend membership privileges based on the severity of the member's violation and its impact of WIFC members and guests. No refunds of membership dues shall be made upon termination or suspension of a membership pursuant to these rules. WIFC management's decision to file a written incident report or terminate or suspend a membership may be appealed to the Walker City Manager in writing within three business days of the event and the decision of the Walker City Manager shall be final.